El poder de la imagen®
(registered Trade mark) – Translated: The Power of Image®
Rodolfo Medina is originally a Civil Engineer - UBA. He is also an expert in sustainable development ideas and projects, as well as a dedicated photographer. These have been his two thematic paradigms since a long time.
For this reason, he has registered the acronym "The Power of Image". The aim is to contribute with the photographic image to the visibility of certain subjects in light of the principles of sustainability. Currently the most concrete initiatives in this regard, in different stages of progress, are: 1. BIAS - the Image Bank of the Sustainable Argentine Agriculture and the Climate Change Mitigation (including Fishery and Forestry); 2. Photographers for Change and Regeneration ®; 3. The prison challenge in Argentina: from recidivism to social reintegration.
Born on December 5, 1952 in Buenos Aires, where he lives and works. He studied at Goethe Schule and at Colegio C.A. de Marín, graduating in 1970. Graduated Civil Engineer - UBA (University of Buenos Aires) - 1979. His main languages are Spanish, German, English and French.
As a professional he held leading positions, nationally and internationally. Executive / CEO in third-party, global and own companies.
Expert in Sustainable Development projects and devoted photographer, being both his thematic and philosophical paradigms, a synthesis of his gaze. He has registered the acronym: "The Power of Image".
He has always been an active athlete, many disciplines, and an adventurer. Activities that he knew how to complement with his photographic passion. Former member of the Explorers Club of New York, Argentine Chapter.
Some specific cases of interest, outside of Engineering:
- CEO of the Foundation for the Sustainable Development of Patagonia sponsored by AVINA Switzerland (Schmidheini), together with the Techint Group, Aluar, PAE - Panamerican Energy and other companies - 1997 to 1999.
- Founder and CEO of Grupo Arrayanes SA, an interdisciplinary consulting group for the development and implementation of sustainable projects - 2000 to 2005.
- Founder, main shareholder and CEO of High Image Express / Alta Imagen Express, in JV with HP / Hewlett Packard Argentina: Provision of the comprehensive service for photographic image, including from the photo taking or scanning, the complete digital process and the final printing in high quality and various formats - 2003 to 2004.
Main exploration, adventure and photography experiences:
- Los Andes crossing on MTB / Mountain bike, February 1993.
- Mount Aconcagua (7K) Summit - January 1999.
- Complete NYC Marathon, November 1999.
- Crossing of the South Patagonian Icecap - February 2002.
- NOA / Argentine Northwest in Mountain biking, April 2001.
- Photography – Trecking trip in Patagonia, Perito Moreno Glacier and El Chalten / Mounts Fitz Roy y Torre. Along with Steven Rockefeller Jr. and specialized guide Nicolás Olaciregui - March 2015.
- Photographic trip into “deep” Patagonia, together with the well-known wildlife specialist photographer, Jorge Cazenave, March 2018.
Main photographic activities and exhibitions:
- Digo la Cordillera Project (traduced: I say the Cordillera) – An interdisciplinary artistic project - Together with project creator, the Architect and Painter Carlos Gomez Centurion, the Mendoza chapter / outskirts of Las Leñas.
As the Photographer, both documentary and artistic, production and exhibition (at Buenos Aires - Arcimboldo Espacio de Arte, by Pelusa Borthwick, one month) and at the Virgo Hotel - Las Leñas (4 months) - between 2013 and 2014.
- Individual photographic exhibition - "Patagonian and mountain range images", at Espacio Bolívar, by Pablo Madanes, June 2015.